Here you can find more information about New & Expected Releases
Actual version 5.11
E-Brida 5.11 is Available!
Which innovation will you find in?
- More information’s on the app about parents. Mother and Father of the Pedigree item after selection(s) or cycles of inbreeding are included on the details in E-Brida Field. That is more key information for the evaluation of the trial offline!
- Extended possibilities to reshape the family tree. Is the Pedigree item type chosen incorrect? Are the ancestors different than expected? It is not an issue now you can change the pedigree item. It is possible to edit type and ancestors (Mother, father, Selection From). The types available is wider and regardless on the crossgroup setting.
- And some more that make 5.11 special for you! IBC is available regardless on the server version. Improvements on: “From Plot” information location, more API filters, and easier Licenses Management.
Why is 5.11 special for you and E-Brida?
- In version 6.x, the E-Brida Web module will get stronger. It means a better quality of life in the Web module plus new functionalities. The result will be the phasing out of the E-Brida Windows module.
- The application with be simplified in two main modules: E-Brida Web and E-Brida Field.
- 5.11 is the last 5.x version. After 5.11 we will start the 6.x versions.
As promised, E-Brida version 5.10 is now available for you. The product team has worked over the last few months mostly from home to create your requests and future improve your E-Brida.
This version provides:
Context information on Web and App. As an example, you can look at information for your genotypes in other trials, which can be useful when comparing performance between locations or years.
- Subplot inheritance. Pedigree Item property values can now be inherited when upgrading subplots. Note that only the Pedigree Item property value will be set during inheritance, and that the lot value will remain untouched.
- User management has moved to E-Brida Web. The user and authorization management has been moved from E-Brida Windows to E-Brida Web. This means all user management can now be done from E-Brida Web.
If you are using the BI-connector, we have made improvements at our connector. It is for example possible to include up to five generations of parent information.
- When upgrading subplots, the last-used Pedigree Item Type is now saved
- Users can now clear their own user settings (in case some settings cause E-Brida to perform poorly)
- Users will now be warned when a trial’s contents are modified, but barcodes have not been updated accordingly
The year 2020 starts strong for E-Brida. It is the end of February, and 5.9 is already available! This version provides:
- Inheritance over crossings. It makes it possible to inherit property values when making all types of Pedigree Items (Except externals). See screenshot below
- Download photos in bulk. All photos of either a Breeding Operation or a Pedigree Item in the photo overview in the E-Brida Web can be downloaded.
For the one working with the Datawarehouse, it is now possible to work with the Lines information.
Are you also using Mercado? The varieties created in E-Brida can be automatically created in Mercado. This will simplify the communication and data transfer with the product development team.
What you have missed from 5.8!
Since January 2020 (E-Brida 5.8), E-Brida information can be set in a Datawarehouse (DWH). What does it mean? Why is it interesting for the users?
The DWH allows having the data from E-Brida in a way that designing reporting/analytics and running data analysis is simplified. It can also set those data next to the one from other systems (think of systems like ERP, LIMS system, weather data, product management, time registration, …).
With a Datawarehouse and a Business Intelligence tool (like, for example, Microsoft Power BI, …) comes to life compact and insightful dashboards and tables.
Here is an impression of a Dashboard build from data in an example E-Brida database.
With this version we introduce the data warehouse, which allows you to run complex data analysis with any tools (statistical or Business Intelligence) you prefer; for example with Power BI, R or Python. It also allows the user to design reports in ways that were not possible before. To use the data warehouse you need to obtain a specific license. To know more about the data warehouse get in contact with Berno van der Geest.
This version also includes other features you may be interested in like:
- The option to specify user defined Plot descriptions send to E-Brida Field.
- A new Variety Type: True seeds (for Pedigree item base type External).